Marketing Campaign Officer
Birmingham Repertory Theatre | £21,656 (Officer level 2) | Birmingham
Department: Marketing & Communications
Who you report to: Marketing Campaign Manager
Who reports to you: NA
Hours: 39 hours per week TOIL
Probation Period: 3 months
Holiday entitlement: 20 rising to 25 days over 5 years + public holidays
The Marketing Campaign Officer works within the Marketing and Communications team to co-ordinate and deliver all marketing campaign activity.
The aim of your job is:
To increase and diversify audiences
To improve income generation
To encourage and develop customer loyalty & retention
To raise the profile of The REP
To research and develop new markets
To communicate the brand values of the organisation
To provide excellent customer service to customers and visitors to The REP
What your main duties cover:
- Work closely with the Campaign Manager to define marketing campaign plans for each production, season, event or service
- Write direct mail and email copy for campaigns, ensuring a congruent message and language appropriate to each target group
- Collaborate inter-departmentally with teams to define product types and audience profiles
- Work with the Campaign Manager to define audience targets for direct marketing and e-marketing purposes
- Identify and extract mailing lists of target groups for direct marketing & e-marketing activity, ensuring that appropriate exclusions have been identified
- Ensure planned and cost efficient purchase of mailing and e-mailing services
- Maintain excellent supplier relationships and explore regular new budget efficiencies
- Work with the marketing team to define cross-selling and packaging opportunities for direct marketing purpose
- Support the Campaign Manager in the creation and delivery of print & digital content for productions and event
- Commission programme content and advertising to support campaign activity
- Monitor and analyse impact of all campaign activity, adjusting activity accordingly
- Co-ordinate and deliver social media campaign activity as part of agreed strategy
- Ensure birmingham-rep.co.uk is current and that production and event pages are kept fresh, accurate and inviting with a strategic call to action
- Work across teams to develop new ways of presenting the work of The REP to stimulate new audience engagement through the website
- Support the PR Manager in campaign related press activity, photo-calls, basic press releases, photo-editing and interview coordination.
- Work with all members of the Marketing & Communications team to provide press & VIP desk cover and press hosting duties on press nights, organising ticket, programmes and other information for the media and ensuring a good level of customer care
- Support and promote all company policy, with specific attention to Equality & Diversity, Customer Care, Health & Safety, Data Protection & Safeguarding
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times with particular regard to the health, safety and welfare of customers, visitors, staff and yourself
- Support the organisation and its staff through the effective use of the performance management system
- Any other reasonable duties required for the smooth running of the Marketing & Communications Team
= Achieving Results – actively contributes to organisational success at various levels
= Attention to Detail – supports quality through accuracy and efficiency
= Communication – ensures good flow of relevant information to create mutual understanding
= Customer Orientation – positively influences customer opinions and behaviours
= Data Analysis – uses information to positively inform business decisions
= Planning and Organising – plans, schedules and prioritises tasks to deliver a programme
= Time Management – plans and exercises control over time allocated to activities
To fulfil the post of Marketing Campaign Officer, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualities, skills and attributes:
Work related experience:
= A good track record in managing multiple tasks, working to deadlines and responding well under pressure.
= At least two years experience of working in a busy marketing or communications department in the arts or non-profit sector.
= Demonstrable achievements in successfully delivering sales targets.
= Demonstrable achievement in exploring new marketing initiatives.
= Demonstrable solid experience of campaign management.
= Experience of dealing with people effectively and diplomatically.
= Experience of budgetary management and control.
= Experience of database management and research.
= Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, specifically Word, Power Point and Excel.
Demonstrable understanding of:
= Key issues in audience development and diversity.
= The value of relationship and stakeholder management.
= The power and diversity of communication.
= Excellent communicator with very strong negotiating skills – face to face, over the telephone, in written correspondence.
= Ability to deal tactfully with sensitive information and work diplomatically with a wide diversity of people.
= Professional attitude with a commitment to delivering the highest quality of work and engendering high standards from others.
= Meticulous approach to tasks, which, once started, are then successfully completed.
= Attention to detail especially where planning events.
= Creative aptitude and the ability to think laterally about issues and problems.
= Self motivated, with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and take initiative where appropriate.
= Team worker able to organise and motivate others.
= Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
= A passionate interest in contemporary culture and particularly theatre.
= A keen interest in learning new skills and furthering your breadth of knowledge concerning marketing and audience development.
= A commitment to furthering the aims of The REP
Sun, 30 Jul 2017