Boomsatsuma | £28-£30k | Bristol
• To start as soon as possible (but no later than 30 September)
• A salary of £28-£30k
• An initial fixed term one year contract (with the possibility to renew)
• 28 days paid holiday a year (including a Christmas shut down) plus
• A 40 hour week. 9am -6 pm Monday to Friday
• Auto enrolment in the company pension scheme with 1% employer
• Applications should be submitted by CV and a covering letter
explaining why you think you’re right for the job and boomsatsuma and
A high level creative sector Projects Manager is required by boomsatsuma; a
busy and growing creative company based in central Bristol, committed to
fueling the next creative generation.
We’re located at the Engine Shed as part of Bristol’s Creative Quarter, right
next to Temple Meads station.
The Projects Manager will take ownership of and deliver the following portfolio
• The communications strand of Bristol WORKS – a Bristol City Council
commissioned employability programme targeted at young people.
• The management of the East Bristol Drama Studio project.
• Project Management of our Creative Arts projects in Weston Super
• Human Writes – a poetry project for young people across schools and
libraries in the West of England.
You will be required to travel to Weston Super Mare and around S Glos and
BANES and will need access to your own transport. Mileage will be paid.
You may be asked to work extra hours including early evenings as the job
requires. If you work extra hours you will be granted additional time off in lieu.
Find out more about us at www.boomsatsuma.com.
For Bristol WORKS (0.5 FTE)
o Liaising with Bristol City Council Employment, Skills and Learning
service to deliver and report on all contract targets. These include the
web platform, social media, print and events.
o Managing the creation of content for the WORKS web platform.
o Identifying and pursuing public facing engagement opportunities.
o Writing engaging and accessible copy for WORKS.
o Researching content to contribute to the programme.
For current creative project strands (0.5 FTE)
o Being responsible for the successful delivery of each project.
o Putting in place project management systems for each of the new
o Managing each strand on both strategic and day to day levels –
- liaising with delivery staff
- managing budgets
- implementing schedules
- overseeing outcomes
- writing interim and final reports for funders
- attending reporting meetings and making presentations
o Writing copy and creating engaging updates on projects for the web
site and social media platforms.
o Working constructively with stakeholders.
o Establishing partnership networks.
You may be asked to work extra hours including at weekends and in the
evening from time to time as the job requires. If you work extra hours you will
be granted additional time off in lieu
• Experience of delivering successful outcomes with young people in the
creative or skills/learning sectors.
• Evidence of successful high level project management.
• A self starter who can create, deliver and finish projects to a brief
• Adept at working as part of a team in a busy and sometimes
• Able to juggle complex multi strand work flows and work to deadlines
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to use initiative to tackle barriers and blocks
• Competency in budget management with a good working knowledge of
• An excellent standard of written English with the ability to write
engaging and accessible copy and detailed project reports and
evaluations to stakeholders
• A full driving licence and access to your own transport.